View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 02:19 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Avel, they are quick disconnects, though I don't know what brand specifically. I told Frank (Fumotec) that I wanted some & this is what he sent. The fitting that connects the hose, a screw on compression.

"machine builder extraordinaire !!!" ...ahhh not really, I struggle & fumble through it & eventually get it working... but thanx for comment Bo.

Cheers Dean.

Thanx Lee. With this monster JD hoe I have now, there's not enough left here to keep it busy for much longer... so I work at it in moderation with about tenth the time per week/month than I did 5yrs ago. I should be able to drag it out another 3 yrs or so before I have to figure out a new project to do.

I learned about a new electrical device today
http://www.servonaut.de/shop/product...onaut-mfr.html

It turns out that Frank had sent one with the 490 for slew motor control, so I was able to rob it from there to get the steering pot to work on the B4206 steering actuator... took a bit of time to figure out how to program it correctly & wire it up with no English instructions, but Frank took the time to do some translating for me.

The way I had it wired in previous pics was the steering motor connected directly to an esc, which meant I would have to be extremely careful not to hold left or right on the tx stick too long b/c there be no stopping the powerful motor & damage would happen... definitely nobody but me would ever be able to run this model having it this way!

So now with this MFR device & it programmed to servo electronic, wherever I hold the stick on the tx, the gearhead motor will turn the steering gear/lever arm to that position & stop. It works exactly like a servo.

I've never had a small servo apart before to modify for 360 rotation.... so I would assume this is the enlarged version of a regular servo.

Jumper on A, B - turn pot screw all the way right so green light blinks 4x for Servo Electronic. Pull jumper before turning off power to finish setting & it will hold there.

All the left way is 1 blink, about 11 o'clock is 2 blinks & 1 o'clock is 3 blinks.

Lead from potential meter pot is plugged into C,D,E on MFR

Anyways, I had to gut everything out of the nose to get the steering actuator out & release the set screws on steering gear incase I had a run away on initial start-up... now I put it all back together & re-organize the electronics to put them somewhere else rather than between the moving parts of pump & steering actuator.

Joe