View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 10:38 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

The clerk pointed out the 165 1st, I asked if it came with the foot pedal, no, so the clerk put me on to the 180... you got a DVD? hmmm

I may take you up on that Shawn, we'll see where I'm at in the new year. Thank you for the offer.

Tom, the lean-to building came about specifically for the tunnelling out from my basement. There'll be a narrow stairway that I'll walk up, but I would also have a dirt road to the side of the stairs for the machinery to drive out, the models are getting bigger & heavier all the time and my back is getting weaker to carry them. lol

If I remember right, the math for 10 degree slope was 6 foot length for each 1foot vertical; the lean-to is not long enough for 10 degrees. In 2005 the ramp coming out of my basement was 22L to rise 6H & that worked out to 17 degrees. Tracked equip can climb that easy enough, wheeled equip will struggle. The lean-to will give me added storage as well.

No, the 10th scale pan is too heavy for the 4206 to drawbar pull the pan empty in the dirt! It would pull it empty on the cement floor, sorta. The tires on the pan I think are made from delrin, a rubber tire might make a world of difference, but that pan is freaking heavy, probably something close to 50lbs.

A step counter? I could just haul the dirt straight from the walls/floor to outside. But all the other activities of screen it/crush it/screen it again/crush again was a means of fining up the dirt as much as possible when I was using a 4" width conveyer to elevate the dirt back in 06 to 10, the finer the dirt, the less that rolled back... now the extra steps is just to extend the fun as long as possible. If it ever gets to be that all have to do is scoop & pile the same dirt from one corner to the next, then I'll probably quit the hobby.

This new workshop just gave me 5 more yrs of meaningful dirt work to do; dig a tunnel, hauling dirt into the back room & building up around the outside of the building. My playground has to be in a temperature controlled environment b/c I have virtually zero free time in the warm sunshine.

Joe