View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 02:35 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

Last Saturday, the last warm sunny day probably for this yr, I had to crawl under my roadway to get in the well to turn off the water valve that goes outside to the barnyard so I could then attach an air compressor to blow out the lines. I was nearly on my belly to get through there... time to dig 'er out!

18" summer rainfall, the water soaks bad in this corner, I didn't have any standing water around, but it's noticeably moist... which also makes for nice digging. To the left of the pic it gets quite a bit dryer so I may have to soak some of that dirt to soften it up. So with the dirt being moist, I have to haul the lumps over by the furnace to dry out before putting through the crusher.

I prepped the area over the crusher beforehand... had to raise up the turnbuckle on the upper roadway 5" so the trk/bd trl can pass underneath.

Took a test run with an empty trk/trl to check clearances and...

...roadway collapse!!!

I just weighed the 4206 now, it's 25lbs. The front tires barely decended & the roadway dropped!!! Less than 2 seconds & I caught the 4206 before it could hit the ground, but the hanging 4206 DESTROYED my bd trl.

I think it was March 2005 that that bd trl went into service... it's hauled a mega amount of dirt the last decade. I hope I can glue it all back together straight.

Joe