View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 02:31 PM

Jigglepin is on a distinguished road
Default Wooden Tracked Loader Build

Hi to all,

I’ve been a member for alittle while now on scale 4x4, I was completely new to the R/C scene when I joined. I found a really big interest in the construction models, seeing all the great conversions/builds, I had my eyes set on the hydraulic models after seeing some great vids of them, but they are rediculously priced!

I still had the bug for construction models, and I knew that the cheaper end of the market would struggle even to lift dust , so thats why I set to and made my own, even though it's not powered by hydraulics (because even that is expensive!) I got a few tips from Pumptech and made screwdrives. Here's the first project I attempted (back in the beginning of sept 2011), I guess it was a prototype with alot of trial and errors!

I finally had a moving piece and it worked pretty well! but there were a few (actually alot ) of errors and things that needed adjusting , and I didn’t actually finish it completely. Being my first attempt I didn’t know how it would turn out, so here is where I got to on it, with a vid aswell to show it working. I took the vid when I had just finished it, so it's abit twitchy here and there getting used to the controls/directions.

Please see my youtube vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdogOGNY1GE

Last edited by Jigglepin; 02-11-2012 at 03:42 PM.