View Single Post
Old 01-07-2024, 02:32 PM

Blender is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Metal Hobi MH-245 kit as Hitachi ZX245 excavator now is a little strap to secure the bucket and slew

I needed a new brake bleeder for my real truck. Did the vacuum style, so maybe I can use the same to degas the resin. Haven't tried it yet.

The little ZX did get its first taste of real dirt. Brought it out to a raw sandy wash. Dug a trench 6 ft long by 9" deep. Machine did well. Proper digging technique was key. Occasional small rocks below the surface were not an issue. The hardpack dirt nearby had too many golf ball sized stones in it and was slow digging.

The excavator and dumper bouncing around in the backseat of my truck wasn't ideal. The excavator was ok, but the dumper would roll. Came up with some transport crates. Also conceals the contents when loading the truck so I don't look insane with my toys.

20mm square aluminum extrusion frame, aluminum deck, acrylic sides and top panel. Everything screws together. Made long nut plates, but tapping 80 M5 holes is not so fun. Found some tiny 3/4" wide ratchet straps. With a couple redirect brackets those will cinch the tracks to the deck. Locating blocks will secure it side to side and fore/aft. All I need is a strap to hold the bucket and prevent the slew from moving. It's meant to open by removing the upper 5 faces as one piece, leaving only the floor. Should allow good access for strapping things down. Will be slow to open/close since there is a lot of hardware.

Have some brackets to mount casters if I want to roll them any distance. Could stack 2 or 3. Sized to the largest machine I'll likely own: Lesu 4 axle roll off. The 3 axle dumper I already have fits no problem.