View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 07:38 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: help with choosing the right radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemanch View Post
okay i have been out of the r/c game for awhile now, but going to get back in it this year with semis. which i am also interested in a excavator as well(thinking at current market the liebherr 944b(from premacon, like the idea of quick attachment stuff) but also looking at running either a dump truck or dump trailer or both.so basically trying to keep controller count down to a minimum, or at least one controller for the 2 trucks i want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weemanch View Post
to be honest both those are mildly out of budget don't have 800 to spend for a radio at this given moment.also not really liking the dx10 tabletop style controller.

which by the sounds of it i should be able to get away with a 6 channel and should be fine with all my trucks that i have planned? which i am thinking a dx6 then. whats differents on the modes etc?
Ok I am going to be blunt and to the point here. You mention a Premacon excavator and a dump truck or trailer and an $800 radio is out of the question. That is like saying give me the Z06 Corvette but leave out the CD player I will just take the AM radio.

I would say the DX10 or DX18, bite the bullet now or latter but it will be cheaper now then buying a cheaper smaller radio that you will outgrow quickly and then end up buying the bigger radio.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11