View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 05:34 PM

Fury Fan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fury Fan's foibles and follies - homebrewed and crude!

Next up is a DBGM blow-molded toy. Back in childhood I had 'the big green car' made by DBGM in West Germany.

Forgot all about it, until I happened to see one in a neighbor's basement (20 years later!) After some ebaying, I collected quite a set of their trucks - a Shell oil truck, a cement mixer, a trash truck, and a dumptruck. A collection probably worth about 25 bucks. Got tired of looking at them, so got rid of all but the car and this truck at a garage sale.

Here's the starting point underside.

Nothing fancy to it, and I had nothing fancy planned, so I got out the snippers and dremel and started hacking. As any of you have done this can attest, it's NOT that simple to get from A to B!!!

Chassis is a piece of hardboard, some cheap brackets and bushings, cheap belt drive setup.

Battery fit nicely under the cab eventually.

Wheels are Frog up front (on an ebay 1/14 steer axle) and Brat in back on a 3/16 rod with threaded ends. All the proportions turned out pretty good for the wheel dia and tread width on the front axle. While I will not claim it is pretty, it turned out looking 'right'.

Last edited by Fury Fan; 02-01-2018 at 06:03 PM.