View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Thanks Mario, I have had quite a bit of "thinking" on this one .

Truckmaker, I really didn't plan on being able to lift the dozer, but it can!! I found out (or it seems that way) that the actuators will lift more than they have the power to hold. They do act like they are working to lift the dozer but they will hold at any given location. When I originally did a load test with two, they would lift but then drift after stopping. Firgilli states they will not be damaged from staling but it's not good if repeatedly used that way. I just got back from the local proctologist hardware store with some small chain and small cable. Picture hanging cable. I figure between the two I can figure something out. I was going to use some metal bent up somehow for strength as a mechanical stop. I am now thinking of going the chain idea as I've seen some 1:1 use chain. And after looking into that the points that can be secured at are the arm shaft that runs from side to side ( probably the most secured part) and the landing leg itself. I'm sure to add some pics of the process. Hope you guys like all the pics, I always like looking at what others do or are thinking of doing .