View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 04:13 AM

B-Train Hauler is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My steel coils B-train hauler

Hi everyone!
I'm a little bit surprised by all these comments! It's very rewarding, mostly from people so skilled about truck modelism! You know it's mostly a long story of trials and errors Thanks a lot!!

Alex, my biggest concern about tarps are the way they fall between cradles (is it the good word? ), it seem too ridgid (plus these riples...), but I didn't find any better stuff till now. In fact, it's real 1:1 tarping canvas

Tc1cat and Paul, yes my coils are homemade in three differents ways. My goal is to make three or four similars when I'll get the "good" one. The actual size reflect the normal weight for a b-train here, around 95000 pounds of loads (don't remember exactly). In this case a 50000 lbs coil on the lead and almost 45000 lbs (2 coils) on the pop, but I will try to adjust sizes and positions to approach realty when I'll build the ones I'm satisfied. Actually, the biggest one is made with a pvc tube with steel strapping rolled in each sides and a galvanize steel sheet around. It weight 7 pounds but it's not the heavier: the second is a real steel sheet one but not enough easy to roll mainly because I was trying to do with what I had in hand at home. I suppose it must weight around 15 pounds. The first one was exactly that... the first one! The fourth should be the good one I also heard about alu coils that could be find at gutters builders store. To follow...

Zimms customs, Yes it's foam board. Easy and rapid fit for now but they should be cut in panels and maintained with styrene holders instead of the original Tamiya. So many ideas, so little time!

And Roadranger, I think I can say that roof was a story by itself One day maybe I'll tell you the story LOL The fenders are from a member: M.Fishersworrig who also made the sunvizor and the pipe covers. Let me salute him if he is reading this

Now I'm still working on my tractors lights. Headlights and rooflights. Lot of scratching head for a newbie here... And worse: I'm outside home for at least one week But I stay tune with your works!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.