View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 05:41 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Zamboni Ice Resurfacer

"I want to drive the Zamboni."

We're starting with an NHL Zamboni Coin Bank. The team happens to be what was on it as found, the resurfacer deck is gone. I was thinking brand it as a funny sponsor, or the local ECHL team, but the wife likes keeping in Flyers. It used to cheer when coins added and keep track of how much was inside.

Zamboni scale is a little small and vague. I dropped a Spinbrush under it to clean the boards, looks about right.

Vs

Something like "First Time in Cider" brewing... maybe on a box truck later.

1" rims
1.555 tire
3.312 track width
3.070 Bumper width
3.230 driver cowl width
4.420 tall at hatch on snow collector
7.4" original body length

I started by stretching the seat out to fit a 1/16 Bruder figure.

Donor was another old toygrade rc car with ok size rims. Here I had the rears narrowed, fronts still wide. Zamboni steelies should be able to come back into build as hubcaps.

Wheels narrowed, starting the front axle, gutted body, filled coinslot.

Rip out the original steering wheel, make a lifted mount, and hack on a servo horn. Also added a spinner wheel to the ice cutter wheel.

This isn't a fullsize machine to use between periods, but a little smaller one that's at home more recreationally or pond work. A couple sheets of foam core or some plastic should work to make a rink or frozen pond. Resurfacer should be able to pick up trash on the rink, and maybe hold a damp sponge so you can see the pattern. Maybe find a mascot looking guy that can hang off it.

Everybody sing with me!
The good ol' hockey game, is the best game you can name...