Thread: RC Benchy
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 02:17 PM
Green Horn

ddmckee54 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RC Benchy

OK, the pictures didn't take as long to re-size as I thought they would. Of course the fact that I could only use 2 of them might have had something to do with that (SOMEBODY shakes too damned much and only 2 of the pictures were usable.)

This is more or less a side view. The "smart" seagulls know that the aft turret is hidden from Fire Control's wrath by the radome for the Search radar - so that's where it's safe to perch. Of course if Fire Control turns the Search radar on - roast seagull just MIGHT be the Cook's menu for dinner. The NOT so "smart" seagull lands on the forward turret where Fire Control can do their best to repel all boarders.

I assumed that where the curves changed direction in the 3D print was where the waterline was supposed to be. So Benchy's visible teeth start there and I will ballast the boat to that level - that level is about 1 inch below the scuppers. At least I hope I will have to ballast the boat to get to that level. The designer said he had to add over 1Kg of ballast and I think he had his boat sitting higher in the water than where I plan to have mine. I haven't installed the drive-line yet so Benchy still isn't quite water-tight.

Don