View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road
Default Bruder Jeep Wrangler

Been working on converting this Bruder to rc. I might have chosen the most expensive way to go about doing this, but I couldn't resist the look of these AFV axles. AFV-Model makes the axles, frame, and leaf springs. Another company they worked with named Bamatech made the transmission and Driveshafts.

I think the size of the tires/wheels makes it looks like the Jeep is lifted on stock meats. I'll have to drop the body or maybe go for spring under axle mounts if there's room.

Leaf springs/Axles. Gotta fab up all the steering linkages after I get a servo mounted.

Managed to keep the full engine compartment intact

Got all the electronics crammed under the seats. A small two cell lipo should be able to fit over the rear axle. If not I can take the rear seat out and mount it up there. Just need to figure out a way to mount the steering servo. The stock frame mount conflicts with the grill of the jeep as you can see. AFV makes two different frames so I suppose it's possible this is the sprinter frame. Never did check dimensions. The Bamatech driveshafts don't have any slide play so I'll have to just use the U-joints and make some slider shafts so there's no binding.

Gonna make a custom brass bumper, sliders, and rear tire carrier. Got a nice Jerry Can I forgot to take a photo of too that will be mounted on the rack. Bruder stuff is typically 1:16 scale but I haven't actually measured off a real Jeep TJ to get the actual scale of the body yet.