View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I need radio help please!

Thanks for the reply Nathan. I've cooled off a bit since last night and can explain better now.

Yes, the switch they refer to as throttle cut is what starts the pump. Before I got the excavator I had read a few posts about running a 7.4V battery first while getting air out and filling the tank. There is no need for that. I started mine with a 11.1V and found the pump was turning half speed compared to all the videos I've watched of the 4200.
Like I've said before I'm no expert with these radios but I know you can adjust almost every channel on these so I thought, great. I'll fill and get the air out and then find the throttle setting. Went upstairs for supper, brought the radio with me.
That's what I was doing when things went bad. Everything was working,I was just going through screens and modes. Never started cranking things up or down. Just looking. One thing I did do was, I think it started in glider mode and figured, let's switch to heli, see what that does.... Nothing. Ok, switched back to glider.....nothing! That's when I knew I was in trouble.

The manual is more trouble. All these flight terms they use , I'm having trouble seeing in my mind which does what for something like this hoe.
Channel numbers is also an issue. Is the layout of all radios as to which is channel 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8......?
The manual has a picture of the radio and describes each channel function by name but not numbers.

Thro cut - runs pump
Hov pit - runs left track. Radio has been modified and both functions up on top edge are sticks instead of rotary or potentiometer type.
Hov thr - runs right track .

Getting back to my problem. The best way I can describe it, a 9ch radio with only 4 working.
I found a screen that allows me to check the movement of each ch in either direction. As I move the main sticks, ch 1-4 I see on the display the movement. When I move the track sticks, nothing. When I flip the throttle cut switch, nothing.

I've sent in a support request to rc4wd last night. Hoping they can walk me through this and get it back to how it was or maybe something happened??? Not sure but it really, really sucks not being able to dig!
Finally got the time to play and can't! .... Nothing worse.

Mario