View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 10:22 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

I spent the weekend carving out the 2nd pass on SE corner

Some problems with the 850 that have been increasing over the last couple weeks... too much freeplay in the swing, erratic power in the tracks & a hydraulic leak... stripped it to a lot pieces yesterday & made a shopping list sent to Frank this morning.

Need a new slip ring

New wiring... green oxidizing on the wires & they're pretty stiff too. Checked resistance, 1 to 2 ohms.

Set screws on pinion gear came loose, but also a lot of side play in the planetary shaft again... gonna try using a 6x15 ball bearing in place of the hard bearing.

But before I take that apart I try to figure out the hyd leak... some where in the front to do with the boom cylinders... either a bad seal on a fitting or a pin hole in one of the lines or ? ...what a greasy mess in a tight area to clean, lots of electrical cleaner, pressurized air & towels

While waiting for parts from Germany, lots of other dirt work to do

big pile of dirt to haul out from SE corner

another pile from NE

I hope to have my track hoe back together in two weeks to dig this up on the east wall

...hope for the arrival of Spring in a month to get busy farming, last yr it didn't come till Arpil 20th, then a mad scramble through May... I hope it comes sooner this yr.

Joe