View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
This beast is looking really good!!! It,s hard to tell just how big this model is but when it is finished I'm sure we will get a good look and size comparison. You are doing a great job!!
Thanks, see below, comparison to a coke can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngward79 View Post
I've been into r/c for 15+ years and scale trail/ Crawler rigs for 3 years and this is probably the best build and largest undertaking I have ever seen. Can't wait to see a vid of the dozer pushing . Thanks for posting. -Nick -
Thanks, will post vid as soon as I starts the engine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hintzconst View Post
I'm really interested in the build you have here as I am currently in the planning process of a similar project. Mine will be a D9T in 1:5 scale with a diesel I6 and hydrostatic drive. Can't wait to see your's move, your thread is great really has given me a taste of what i'm in for.
With what I know today, I would concider an alternative to hydrostatic. But, I don´t have bad expirience yet from it but it´s a nightmare to get everything to fit inside body. A D9 and in scale 1:5 will make it a little easier, bigger machine, bigger scale. You will need all room for a oil tank as big as possible. I very exited to see how it works when finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy8305 View Post
I love the model so far verrrrry detailed **** thing looks like they shrunk a real D8 down
It was my intention from beginning that machine should look like a real one, compromising done inside where nobody can see.

Did put the test decals on today, will be changed to vinyl ones later

Comparison with a coke can (note: capacity in oil tanks is more than 2 gallons, 9,5L metric)

Blade vs coke can

Will have some more pics from exihibition this weekend later, when machine is with blade.

Model finished? No way, if I should make notes of what´s still to be done I guess it´s more than 100 points
But to see it from the bright side, I´m closer than ever

Have a nice weekend
Dan