View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 05:16 PM

Ian (the norwegian) is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Wedco 345d Quick Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by titandigs View Post
Espeefan thanks for taking a look at the thread I have had the 3 Wedico models since July 2010. Since then I have made the wider bucket put on the quick release although I am now only putting the brushless motor on the pump and the extra servos for the finger grab that I have ordered yesterday, At nearly 800 euros. Also I have put on the after market chain drive as the original belt was not very strong. I hope to have the booms moving a little faster with the new motor fitted but will have to wait to see.
As a model it looks good runs well but a friend of mine has just received his Chinese version from rc4wd at less that 50% or the cost. Time will tell who got the better deal. ( I hope it is me)
Paul
Hello.
I'm currently also building a Cat 345.. The things I'm not that happy with are the fact that there are a LOT of flaws in the kit. Almost all are parts that don't fit without modifications. But, if one don't expect a "bolt on" kit, I think the machine can be made to look very good indeed. With just a little detailing and mods. The one problem I have, though, are about weight. Only 12 kgs. Very light indeed. But, I'm adding at least 5kgs of lead balls inside the hull. So, hopefully, it's gonna get a lot better than the standard WDC Cat

As for this china machine.. I'm convinced you got the better deal. Shure, it's only half price, but then you pay for wall to wall problems. Everything from hydraulics to electronics are failing on it. And on top, I think it looks a bit like it's constructed by Fred Flintstone. Ugly as sin.
So far, I don't know anyone that have got a "RTR" china-machine that they could really start using right away. So, as for now, I think it's NOT a recomended purchase if you're not a tinkerer and an extremely patient person..
You know, it's still a fact that the WDC machine got a machine of the year award the very first year it was made. So it can't be all that bad, huh

The kit you have put on, it's from Leimbach? Quick release and extra hydraulics?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cat 345.