View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 03:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: RC4WD Realy bad coustomer service!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
I placed a big order with RC4WD the Monday before thanksgiving and received it last Thursday via UPS. That is 10 days from the date of order 7 working days. I open the package to find a $90 item missing so I emailed them right then and as of right now I still have not gotten a response from them.

To add to my anger Saturday I received a USPS package from from a different company in California that I ordered from on Thursday. Two days parcel post from CA and it took UPS 10 days.

Travis
Well, it was an extended holiday weekend, with Thanksgiving and all, but I'd bet the hold up wasn't so much UPS's fault. Sometimes it takes a couple days for RC4WD to actually process and ship an order, so they probably didn't ship it till Monday of the next week. Leaving UPS to get it to you in 4 days? That's usually pretty normal, for me and the things I order.

I have a feeling your second package came from *** Hobby. They are about the only guys I know who can get your stuff shipped from Cali so fast. Not sure how they do it, but they do. I think a lot of that has to do with how close you are to a sorting facility. If there is one in your town, you'll get your packages faster. It's silly, but if you don't have a sorting facility in your town, USPS ships the packages to neartest town that does, then ships back to where they are supposed to be delivered. Kind of adds another step.

I've generally had good luck with RC4WD. They do make mistakes, but are quick to correct them. Depending how busy things are, it can take a day to get a reply, via email. I'm sure they'll make good on your order. They never let me down. It would be nice if they actually got a full staff though. I think they are still short handed, and their business still booming. They are really the only game in town for some of the things we need. Others are starting to sell their products too. Like *** Hobby, whom I'd rather deal with first, if possible. *** usually has a great stock of RC4WD parts.