View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 11:02 PM

der82c is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/14 Komatsu PC200 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuangs View Post
Hi Derrick,

Mine is a combination of high and low technology...starting from high end laser cut, precision CNC...all the way to handmade gearbox. All these processes are not consistent...resulted in variances like very noisy when it runs..all are powered by Lepard 4082 brushless motors. Not sure if you know about this motor, it was used for 1/5 car, just one will push speed up to 60 miles and I have 4 plus one giant motor in my excavator. It becomes super complex...I didn't use any gear reduction motor. I was a wrong decision I guess.

This is my first build...want to learn some experience for next one. Yours is much better than mine...it looks perfect. My supid excavator weights 50kg now after adding 5mm thickness SS304 boom. I have hard time to move this thing from living room to my little work shop...will see how it goes.

Let's keep in touch! and wishing you a very happy New Year!!
Kevin

Kevin, what is your cylinder bore size and the flow rate of your pump?
my 650 boom is from 1.5mm thickness, is more than enough to lift a child. as long as its had the right structure.
i know how u felt, its not a fun thing to do, moving the heavy machine around. i will have second thought now, if friends ask to bring it out for a play.