View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Green Horn

mavrick0 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Cascadia build.

Nothing to be sorry about rctrucker2, that's what we are all here for. As Espeefan said you don't need the self tapping. I've been replacing the Tamiya screws for years with no issues. Actually the machine threads hold better in my opinion. But as I said before get a good set of drivers or you'll be cursing. A cheap set or L-wrenchs won't hold up to what you need and will strip or strip out the head of the screw. Also as some one else mentioned you can by a M3 tap and pre-thread the plastic to save a little bit of work.

Thanks for all the help on the screws guess. M3 isn't an issue for me to get, even M2 if I want capheads. But where the issue came was getting the buttonheads but after talking to Fastenal after get a PM from silvertips about seeing them since that's where he's got all of his screws from out in BC I have mine ordered. So in about a week I should have them in my hand. Good thing the majority of the truck is M3 so it won't be so much rebuilding. lol.

ricm, I totally agree with you but figured since I was making a huge order might as well add them in and try them out. As much as I haven't run the truck, just bench testing I notice that the tranny actually coasts more when you let off the throttle. Now whether it's the motor or what I think is the weight of the gears let it continue to spin.

I just got home from doing my run down to the US to pick up the 30 plus packages waiting for me and I'm really excited. I'll get some pics up of what I ordered and what is coming up to be built and rebuilt. lol.