View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Manufacture Hydraulic Pump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
OK , now I know the slang for it , sickle gear is nothing more then a vain . most furnace pumps are vain pumps as far as I know . I got my seal for mine ,just did not get it installed yet . I've been busy with wheel orders and a job that finally came up . I have no doubt about flow rate , just skeptical on pressure . My dad has suggested a furnace pump also ,I just did not get there yet . I have a couple

IHSteve

I stand corrected , a sickle gear set is just what the jung pump has . I finally got to take a furnace pump apart and ohlala just what I've been looking for and the right size to . now to make the right size housing for it ,HMMMMMM come to think of it , I think the newer furnace pumps are about the right size . oh more research

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellien View Post
If you are still considering building a pump, have you considered using the sickle gear set out of a furnace oil pump?
thank you so much for bringing this up made me check it out sooner then later

IHSteve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.