Thread: My RS700L build
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road
Default My RS700L build

Just wanted to show what im building. This has been a long time project in the making. I bought my KH the first year it came out. Its seen about 4 stock bodies and such thru the years and I always wanted to make a model of my Mack truck. I recently started to bring it back from the dead and will be converting it into my 1:1 rig, a 1977 Mack RS700L day cab

Here is what I have done in the last 2 weeks.

upgraded the drive line with RC4WD shafts,carrier bearing and locker spool in the RR axel. moved 5th wheel forward to reduce the push of the locker spool. It still needs to be adjusted a little more forward.

New RC4WD 2 hole budd rims and roady rubber on the rear axels
I also tinkered with the stock tandem springs and cut axel stopsto get about 1.250" of travel

I installed new low profile servos and added spacers so I can move the motor/trans forward.

started making the Mack air tanks, Batt boxes and 126 gallon fuel tanks

a side project is building a 48' Flat bed. I also moded the springs on this trailer so I get alot of articulation. with my truck/tractor spring set up I can really get thru the off road with ease. it will drive right thru the grass yard and not get the stock open diff wheel spin issue.

the cab Im having some issues with. years ago I started to mod the stock King cab to make it into a R model. I think I need to start over with fresh plastc templates as the R model has so many curves to it that its a PITA to just attempt to get it right with bondo.

well thats all for now....I have a RC4WD 55 turn motor and RC4wd front budd rims on its way for next weeks install.

I also want to give a big thanks to dabears,I met up with him last week becase I had lots of questions getting back into this hobby. He pointed me straight and got me rolling in the right direction

more to come next week!