View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 03:27 AM

der82c is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/14 Komatsu PC200 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBeagle View Post
I just spent some time looking through your blog and you have several very impressive builds. This excavator looks to be a top notch build as well. I have a couple of questions. I noticed in your dump trucks that you use the UMS hydraulic pump and valves. How are those holding up for you. I have heard mixed reviews, but have not heard anything lately about the durability of the UMS parts. What type of pump and valves do you plan to use on this excavator?

Thanks
the dump truck, i didn't post to this forum yet.
yes, i m using the UMS pump and valves for the dump truck project. the UMS did come with the "pressure over-loading cut off board" instead of regulator.
yup, no regulator.
when the cylinder extend to the max, pressure from the pump keep gaining while there no regulator to route the extra pressure back to tank. now where the "pressure over-loading cut off board" come in working with delay of 3 second to cut off.
about the valve, i had to change a better quality O-ring. as my 1st test, leakage from the valve, so does to the 2nd and 3rd set. i guess, the default O-ring is not the good quality type.
the pump, the sound of the motor is quit high pitch due to its brushless motor. therefore, its gain flow rate instantly. pressure as real as its stated max 10 bar, more than that, i have not yet to push it.