View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Volvo EC300D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCKiwi View Post
You be sure to post some pic's of your first projects off that sweet mill

Agreed will above, speed looks very good.

My local supply shop has some of the black hose similar to that used on your machine and I see yours too has green writing on it. The guys at the shop couldn't tell me the bursting pressure of it and didnt seem to motivated to hit the books.
Can you please let me know what's written on the black hose? I'd like to check to make sure its the same stuff.

Glenn
The hose I'm using is Eaton synflex eclipse air brake line. I looked it up online and I think the bursting pressure was 1200psi, working pressure 300psi. When I first got the pump turning in the Volvo I had it hooked directly to the boom cylinders and dead headed them by mistake. One of my push to connect fittings blew apart(one of two that I waited three weeks to get) but the hose was fine so I think it is OK stuff. I'm currently running at 30 bar+/- and haven't had issues yet...

I haven't really made much with the mill yet but I have drilled and tapped a couple of holes with it. It's nice to tap something right in the machine and have it straight for once!

Reg