View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 12:42 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Raining here, so got some time to add some more.

Installed a small part of the steering linkage as mentioned in the instructions.

Because it has wide holes and can be slid left - right, I installed the actual parts that will connect to it, to make sure I got it in the right spot. (Largest screw goes in top hole)

With the parts in place, and the 2 screws inserted.

Installed and loctite applied.

That part done, on to the side underrun protection (a legal requirement in Europe) that needs to be painted as well. However can not be bolted on frame as of yet.

This seems a simple small assembly unit, so I give you a full rundown on how it comes.

Nicely packaged

Some extra nuts and bolts included, however the ones in the red box are on the parts list, but do not appear on the assembly list ??? Odd.

How it goes together. (another one where one needs be careful as it needs 2 left and 2 right ones)

The holes in the aluminium support bracket were a tad tight. So reamed them out a bit. Not really needed, but easier to insert the little bolts.

One right one assembled ...

Since I wanted to know how the actually bars go on, I looked at the instructions ...

So I am to put a bolt through that hole? The bolt head of the other one is blocking access.

So looks like after paint, the little support will have to come off and the bar bolted on first, then the whole thing can be bolted back to the support bracket ... I tried it, and it does work that way -- if you have 3 hands

Cheers,

Stephan