View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 04:07 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Next up is the installation of the hydraulic lift arm.

Here an overview of most of the parts needed for this set - just finding all the bits and pieces was a job in itself

First we prep the hydraulic cylinder

The nipples are screwed on, and although the manual does not ask for it, I added some thread sealant. Better safe than sorry.

Then temporary mount the cylinder to the hydraulic valve box. Temporary so we can determine the length of the hydraulic hose we need. Would be a real "joy" to have to install this after everything is bolted up.

Installed. I put the longer pin in the picture because the short one is the wrong one.

Mounted the valve body in the box to check length hose.

The hoses for this cylinder will attach to the area pointed out with the arrows. The 2 circled holes are the in and return line for the oil. There's been a small error in packing and the 4 mm nipples were omitted. ScaleART already informed me they will ship them ASAP .. still will probably take 4 weeks to get here.

Hose length determined and cut to size, attached it to the nipple. First slide on the hose and then press the sleeve home.

Next is the connecting rod. (it mounts the other way around from how shown)

Then the actual kicker, that will have to slide over the rod when we install it in its proper position. (The kicker has to be horizontal when cylinder is completely out.)

Then slide the assembly into the frame through the holes provided in the sub frame. (had to ream out the holes a bit due to the paint that got in)

The valve box needs to be attached with 4 M2x5 screws to the box holders on the frame ... one of them is a absolute pain due to no room at all.

Here all installed (including above nut and screw) seen from the left. I also installed the 2 rubber bumpers.

Here from the left. Rod that holds the kicker is secured with an M3.

Last part was bolting the diamond plate cover to the valve box cover.

That's it for now. Cheers!
Stephan

Last edited by Rakthi; 05-22-2015 at 04:26 AM.