View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 05:48 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Some more parts that need be bolted to the frame before starting on the drivetrain.

First, the housing for the servo diff lock front axles. The manual indicated 5 M2x5 but only need 3.

This is another one of this little gems that make you realise how much thought and care goes into these models. Even for a part that you don't really see once the truck is build. (Yup I can get carried away by things like this)

Goes here, right behind the cab.

Neat fit.

Looks like I better bolt that bit from the cabin fender on before I install the servo.

Upside down view from the back.

Next are the supports for the oil pump and tank.

Goes here, which is kind of a problem because on the left, there are bolts from the middle cross beam ... I should have paid more attention to that section.

They came out easer than I thought.

And tank supports installed ... the left bottom screw took me more than 20 minutes to get into the hole. Almost no access with the valve box and kicker mechanism in place ... There is a reason you're supposed to install it way earlier in the game.

I put the tank in place. You can see that the supports are not really symmetrical.

Reason why the supports are not evenly spaced is the outlet from the pump. That bolt will be replaced by a nipple with a 4mm oil line attached, so you need some room.

Looking from the back it seems I could get away with moving that support one hole closer to the front.

Cheers, Stephan