View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 02:35 PM

Prop Shaft is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakthi View Post
Hi Prop,

The scale of this truck is 14.5, as for how much I paid, € 6143.29 for the truck and € 470 shipping via UPS (that includes the €25 for the prep of the custom forms). That does not include the Rockinger stuff, I got that in a separate order. I think that one comes to €225.00 or so. Because I am from Europe I still have an account there, so no need for me to convert. With the Euro dropping in value it is a good time to buy if you hold other currency.

If you register with ScaleART, you get all the prices without taxes.

I'm lucky to live in a "free port" meaning no import duties etc. No idea what the duty would be on this for you.

Talking about Capo, I have their 8x8 truck too. Was a nice kit to put together. But this new 4x4 you are bolting together sure looks like it is a step up for Capo. Also very realistic. Can't wait to see some pictures of the engine that hides the electrical motor.

Since I have an excavator in 14.5 scale, it kind of makes sense for me to have this truck in that scale too. And as you pointed out, the detail in this truck is unbelievable. Really a joy to assemble.

Stephan
Yikes. Maybe its a good thing they dont have a 1:10 scale offering. I'd be in trouble if they did! Thats more then 2 Capo 8x8's! I skipped building the engine first to wait for servos, its the first thing in the manual. But im going to be starting it soon. It's very impressive I must say. Theres deffinitely nothing else on the market that looks and functions like the real thing as this Capo v8. At least that I have seen. Question for you, have you bought anything from AFV-Model? Loving this build, I'll be following it to the end.