View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 08:46 PM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prop Shaft View Post
Yikes. Maybe its a good thing they dont have a 1:10 scale offering. I'd be in trouble if they did! Thats more then 2 Capo 8x8's! I skipped building the engine first to wait for servos, its the first thing in the manual. But im going to be starting it soon. It's very impressive I must say. Theres deffinitely nothing else on the market that looks and functions like the real thing as this Capo v8. At least that I have seen. Question for you, have you bought anything from AFV-Model? Loving this build, I'll be following it to the end.
Hi Prop, I've seen some small teaser pics of that V8 on their website. Looks way better detailed than the one in the Tatra. Well will patiently wait until you get to it . As for the price of he ScaleArt ... what to say ... is indeed $$$ but I don't regret having spend it. Does mean though that the new 4x4 Capo will not happen here. Can't have everything. The AFV-Model site is in my bookmarks for some nice bits, but haven't ordered from them yet. From what I get from the German guys they are pretty reliable. I've ordered stuff from these guys: cmc-versand a couple of times. The trouble is that sometimes the shipping cost is more than the product one wants/needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egronvold View Post
A lot of work, but you'll get a very nice truck in the end.
Thanks! But a the moment the end is still very far in the future especially since I just realised that I messed up yet again ...