View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 11:58 PM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Hi Prop, here the promised pictures. It's a 3 gear box and a transfer case. In normal operation, the power of the motor will go only to the rear wheels, when you lock the transfer case you are in 8x8.

Nicely detailed and beautifully fitted. Once installed you can only see it when you turn the truck on it's back.

The electrical motor is a brushed one. It's a Faulhaber 2657, 46Watt one. Screws into the gearbox and immobilised with a grub screw.

The transfer case threw me a bit, it gets placed in the middle, so the input and output size go towards the front. The position of the locking bit was confusing until I realised you are supposed to run the cable through the provided hole (you can see it on the left in the 2nd picture) and then with a 180° turn towards the front of the frame. (I guess this is also why this is the only one where the bowden cable has a teflon insert.

Propshafts.

Top one is from motor to transfer case

2nd one is between 2 front axles

3rd and 4th one is either between the rear axles or from rear axle to transfer. (can only see once transfer case is installed)

Last one is from transfer case to the front axles.