View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 02:43 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Yup Propshaft, one of those things I would never have thought about.

Started on the driver's cabine.

Part 1 of this group.

Before screwing things together "dry fitted" some parts and noticed that the white from the cabin shows through the "teeth" at the front.

So decided to do something about that and paint that bit black (I could have used tape like Christian - aka Newcomer_2 but not to be found here on this island).

Here I had another senior moments and first time around I painted the bottom part which doesn't need it. Good thing one can's see that bit once everything that needs bolting on is bolted on.

Here the first step of this group. (getting that blue plastic film of the plastic was about the most difficult and tedious thing of this part of the build) I got a bit of black speckles from the spray paint on the back. No biggie as the back of this part will not be visible.

The plastic and the little black cover are put in place. The headlight will bend the plastic in place. A bit tricky to do. The little hole in the plastic is in case one wants to install the headlight protection grid. The bolt for that needs to go in that place.

Next up the LED boards which are held in place by the steps. (in photo supposed to be 3 self tapping screws instead of 2)

Tread "rubber" glued in place. Manual says to use 2 component stuff, but used crazy glue.

Now the lower step and the metal bits that are part of the upgrade for the AROCS Cab. Needed because otherwise too easy to bend/loose the lower step if one goes off-road with the truck.

Here one can attach the on/off switch. the 2 openings are to line up with the bigger holes and is where this assembly bolts to the chassis.