View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 04:11 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Hi Jake, Thank you! Glad you like it.

Hi Brel, one of the reasons I ended up buying this kit was the amount of bits and pieces. For me the more the merrier. As for color ... I couldn't make up my mind when I placed the order, ScaleART emailed a bunch of photos of the cabin in different colours. I thought white suited best. The container will be in bleu though.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Doors ... Part 1

ScaleArt give the option to go for the extended door or the short one. I decided for the short one.

What you get (the screws put in by ScaleART to prevent paint clogging up the threads are still in place)

Before I continued I made an indication of the window rubber with a black felt tip stift. This breaks up the "whiteness" a bit.

All the parts. (forgot one self tapping screw in the picture)

Here how it is supposed to fit together.

First the metal parts that will be the door hinges/support. In the package there are 4 thick rods and 2 thin ones. Of the 4 thick ones 2 are a bit shorter than the other. Those go toward the front of the door. They are shorter to clear the plastic of the window.

Metal plate to hold hinge/support to the door.

Optional carpet

Door panel (will be screwed down with 2 short and one longer screw)

Before we screw all this together, after peeling the film of the plastic of the window, we have to attach the mirror support with a self tapping screw. This holds the window in place at the same time.

Finished and screws blackened with a Sharpie (door handle outside is glued in place) - The Magnet at the bottom of the door is supposed to glue into place, but I had to firsts clear the paint out of the provided spot with a 4mm drill, tried a dry fit, it clipped place and couldn't get it out again. So not glued. The other door same story.