View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 03:34 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Oh dear, today was the "comedy of errors"

No clue what happened. Must be getting old.

Next step, as said, the front of the cab.

All the parts needed.

Reverse of main pieces

First I started with inserting the pins into the holders. These are the pins that go into the front locking mechanisme on the frame. (you can see the grooves at the top where they flare out a bit)

I could barely push them in the holes, so had to run a 2mm drill through them. Then needed a rather heavy hammer to drive them home.

Next i installed the black metal piece and the speaker. So far so good.

Prepped the 2 stainless steel parts for installation and installed it. (forgot to take picture)

Turned over the part and put the 2 separate black plastic grill bits in place. They will be held down with the next part.

The outside part of the grill goes on top.

And gets screwed in with 2 self tapping screws from the back on the far left/right side of the black plate holding the speaker. The 2 previously installed stainless parts I had put on the wrong side of ledge they screw on too - and to think I checked a couple of times to make sure :roll eyes: I only noticed this when I tried to fit it to the locking mechanism.

Supposed to look like this ...

Next I wanted to attach the back of the Mercedes Star ... it screws in from the back ... so had to remove the speaker for access

Also almost used the wrong kind of screw ... Needs to be a regular countersunk one.

Installed

After sorting the stainless supports, test fitted on the front lock

And tilt works fine too

In the above picture you can see the holes that will be used to attach the sides of the cabs. The hexagonal shaped ones will hold the nuts and the middle one is for the little wind guide on the side.