View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 08:31 PM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Part 2

Now time to try this on the truck with all the wires. At this point I didn't know what to do with all the wires, so I just shoved them randomly through the openings. What I noticed immediately is that, yes you can probably get the bottom plate on the chassis, but it sure interferes with the front lock/kip mechanism from the cab. Ended up trimming some from that area.

Forgot to take pics after cutting the bits of. So here some I took later.

Trimmed bit on the left side of the truck - could have trimmed of a bit more actually

Right side - had to trim at an angle because of the shape of the holder for the flat cable connector

Then on with installing it and bolting it to the previously installed holders.

Here the screw that is 1/2mm out comes into play. I already filed out the hole (needed to move the screw a bit to fit the connector board) but apparently not enough. I had to file a bit off the holder too.

Once these 2 problems are sorted, the rest just fits perfectly. Those screws "click" in those holes with authority. This just makes you forget the 2 previous imperfections. (Kind of reassuring to know not everything is perfect )

Fits nice and flush to the locking mechanism of the cabin

The idea is to feed all the cables through the opening under the electrical board, however some of my Servo wires would be too short (should have made the extension from the hydraulic valves 1 inch longer) to reach the receiver. This also creates a rather big mess in the area where the ESC is supposed to go. So decided to cut a small bit of the board. (Nothing there anyway)

Then, why not ... an ever bigger hole so I can get all the wires through except the Kingbus from the rear lights and the power from the pump.

Here all servo wires connected. Some are way too long. Need a crimping tool and plugs to shorten them (ebay to the rescue). But will do for now.

The cabin connector/cable installed and checking placement of the ESC and BEC. Lots of room really. Had to cut of on of the "feet" of the receiver to accommodate the ESC.

The flat cable split up for cutting/connecting

So that's where we are at the moment ... is 8:30 am here so maybe I can finish today.

Stephan