View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 10:23 PM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Here the pictures of the fenders I installed yesterday:

Left front fender first

Per the manual cut a slot for the steering rod that runs on the left

Then shove over the support. The rear wouldn't go in all the way to the stop due to the screws holding the suspension to the chassis

A rather big hole is required as the nut needs to fit too. (Looking at the picture, it ooks rather messy from the inside ) - Same on the right side too of course.

Next rear fenders. They get screwed together as they use same middle support.

To make sure they lined up, I put 3 M1.6 screws through the indicated holes that are there for the mud flap. Where to drill is indicated on the parts

Install generic mud flap

Needed some trimming - Reason: see box in picture above with the holes indicated. Due to the form of the fender one bolt is close to the edge.

Also needed to file one of the sides of the washer so it would fit in the small area available.

Before installing run a 4mm drill through the holes to remove the small bits of plastic that might still be there from the casting. I also put a bit of silicone grease on the plastic to make it a bit easier to slide them on.

Next the under run protection ... this was a real pain. On the side of the oil tank the support touched the tank, considering the length of the screws that were with the part, figured an extra nut near the frame was in order. Up to there no problem. When trying to bolt the actual unit to the frame ... could not get a tool in there. Had to fasten the nuts with tweezers and only at the very end could use a 3mm spanner. The 2 at the bottom were an even bigger challenge. Took forever. - Hence no pictures of this ordeal.

Looking at it, I think I will take them back off. Liked it better without them.

Stephan