View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 07:54 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

So this morning the non working servo controlling the valve of the hook arm was up for checking. Easier said than done, had to take all the wiring back apart ... Good thing I did remember to move the mechanism in the up position beforehand because you can't move it now that it is filled with oil. Luckily I could pull the wires without having to take off the bottom plate.

Had to pull wires of both servos because they both run through the same piece of shrink tubing.

Didn't see any breaks in my soldering but just to make sure added a new lead I got from the gear servo I busted. Put it on the tester and it worked. I figured one of het three wires must have an internal break. So sigh of relief. And then the struggle getting those wires back to the front. Took some convincing - and a bit of rope - but got it done.

As truck stands now. Hydraulics in working order, all lights on truck working (except cabin) etc etc - Looking at pictures I notice I still have to put up the protection rings on the front wheels.

Tomorrow I will check on the wiring to the Universal Kingbus in the cabin and then connect it directly to the 4 way connector and bypassing the flat cable. See if that sorts the problem.

And then ... I will start on the container ... been saving that one for last. A nice and simpel straightforward nuts and bolt job.