View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 06:52 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Hi Alan, true always nice if problems get solved easy.

Did connect the Universal Bus in de cabin directly, switched polarity etc and no joy. So going to leave it for a bit. Got the tracking number of the crimping tool and parts for the servo, will look at it when I take it apart again to shorten the servo wires.

An so today I finished the last assembly. No more package sitting around.

This looks like fun!

Part 1

As usual a beautifully piece of metalwork. All brass under the paint. Paint is excellent too.

First the gliders go on. Very precise fit. Model nuts in front and regular philips screws at the bottom about every other hole.

Front

Bottom

Next the cross piece the sliding hooks of the mechanism grab on too when kipping. Had to loosen the screws holding the glider bars. Very tight fit.

Rollers at the end. Had to file a bit at the holes in the supports to get the pins through. No big deal, but little files are recommended for this build.

Wood flooring. Kit comes with copper nails you have to insert after drilling the holes out with a 1mm bit, then clip excess and file smooth. Someone at ScaleART had done this already. So my set came prepped like this.

Gets fastened with M2 model bolts. The underlying frame work had threaded holes in it. (exept the middle of the 2 small pieces ... somehow the thread were in the wrong holes. Put an M2 nut on to hold it in place.)

4 uprights slide in holder and bolted on with one M2 model bolt

Had to file some paint off to get a good/easy fit. Also had to run the file at the bottom of the holder so get rid of some excess paint.

Eyebolts and chain links to tie down the load. Need 8 got 10. 2 of them extra long. Used those in the corners at the read. No way I could fasten the nut with those wheels in place there.

Chain links attached to the eye bolts