View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 07:09 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Part 2

ScaleART left some indents to have access to the nuts going on the eyebolts, but even if I wanted to use M2 model nuts, I couldn't get the tool in there. So was a bit of a challenge, but after 2 you have a system.

Done

Now prepping the boards. First the rear one. Simple but effective locking mechanism. Needs some Loctite on the nut.

The pins gets fastened with crazy glue where they go through the holes. Manual stated to run a 1.5 mm bit through the hole before going through this procedure. On my kit this was done already.

Same for the longer ones on the side. Have to be careful though, one has the pins sticking out on the right and the other on the left.

Remembered to put the protection rings on the front wheels. Used a bit of thin double side tape to hold them in place.

So that's it ... technically the end of this thread ... Now going to run this truck a bit trying not to hit too many things and then see how to sort out the sound and cabin lights.

So an update will be in the works.

One things for sure, had a great time bolting this together and I can only hope you did too indirectly then.

Cheers! Stephan