View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 09:26 AM

Newcomer_2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Hi Stephan,

thank you for inviting me to post some pictures of the updated cross brace for the container in your thread.

Let´s start! - In the following picture you can see an extract of the manual, the new cross brace (= the black parts) an the old version (the red part on right side):

And here you can have a closer look on the updated parts and the first step of the assembling:

The next step is to mount it on the container. Because of the contersunk holes on the longitudinal profile of the carriage, I swapped the round head screws of the manual against countersunk screws and bolted them from the outside inwards. The screw head I simply painted black with a waterproof pen.

The new cross brace has passed the function test. It can slide under the hooks of the roll-on/-off-mechanism and is held securely. The small scratches prove a secure hold.

It also fits to the trailor:

I'm glad because of the supporting of ScaleART in such cases. If there is a problem, they're always searching for a solution.

Stephan, now it´s your turn to go on. But first of all do all the the other things around you! Then you can much more enjoy the assembling.

You can find some of my RC-models on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Normally I´m speaking german, please forgive my mistakes in English.