View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 01:27 AM
Green Horn

CustomRCmodels is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Indy 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Smiley -that's a real bargain -

The room is the same size - we tried to get more space but the hotel took that to mean a break in contract and wanted to raise the cost of everything. So no deal for the promoter. Next year they are thinking of a different ballroom that is the same overall size (2x what we use) and it can be split into 1/5's instead of 1/4's so we could get more space.

The promoter fully understands that we bring in attendance to the show and that we are only there to have fun. But weak activity on our part on Sundays is a huge negative and puts us in a bad light.

Overall the collectors market is seeing tough times.

For the city however - we had 43 registered drivers in 2012 and 41 in 2013.

I have estimated at 40 drivers this year.

They are asking if we will commit to 2015 already and not knowing any details of what it could cost.
Howdy guys
I fell of the grid for a while , way to many work-projects , with too much traveling has been keeping me away of doing any hobby projects since last year.
But the Indy show is a must !
I am glad Izzy & Co got the ball rolling that we still have a Indy R/C show even without Ric .
I plan as usual , arriving sometimes on Thursday and staying till Monday.
Maybe I can manage this time to arrive earlier on Thursday to help with the setup ( besides unloading my own clutter ).
As for the Sunday deal , I always wanted to do this longer on Sundays ,
but as we all remember , besides our own stuff , we had to brake up a pack up all of Ric's stuff . Maybe we can get this year a few guys staying longer , pack up in the later afternoon on Sunday , or even in the evening .
I am not driving back home before Monday anyways .
Do we have this year again all the cool loading docks ?
I sure hope so .
Looking forward to seeing you all again and having a good time !