View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 08:29 PM

Krewmember is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LINN Model DD-15 "HafTrak" Dump (1/14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
Looking better Shawn
Thanks. I still have a lot to learn about 3d printing and have many more tweaks to do but, the nice thing about 3d printing is you can reprint the part as many times as you need to get it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
3D printed tracks are no joke! I know a guy that 3D printed tracks for his Faroe tracked loader. The 3D printed tracks had more hours on them than the stock metal track pads. He finally found an aftermarket track set, & is slowly replacing the stock pads as they break.

The radiator looks very good! I'm anxiously following this thread.
That's what I like about 3d printed parts if drivetrain components wear out you can just print new parts. I love metal models but this 3d printer is allowing me to model at much greater detail and scale then my current metal working tool would allow me. The 3d model for the radiator took me 2 weeks to model. But it's the centerpiece of the front of the model so I wanted to get as scale and detailed as possible.

Anyway, while I'm waiting for the aluminum for the frame to arrive I have started modeling the cab. It's made of mostly styrene but the roof is 3d printed out of PLA. It kind of looks like the cab on a Peterbilt 334

-Shawn-