View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 07:50 PM

Fury Fan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hercules flatbed trailer with skids of drywall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry56 View Post
Looking forward to how you do the cargo straps and cargo itself
Cargo first, straps need some more time to figure out bending the hooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
I can see pictures. Is the drawer with Anchors like drywall or boat? How much speed does 1 package of "Xtra Speed" add?

Great looking trailer!
I'm digging the usb-header and terminal strip for lighting, i may need to borrow that idea for some overly complicated light systems
Drywall, none, borrow away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmckee54 View Post
You think wiring is a pain in this scale, check this out:
https://www.motor1.com/news/623984/t...-truck-rc-car/

What gage wire are you using? When using LED's, they have a small enough load that 30AWG is more than heavy enough, probably with about a safety factor of 4X.

Dupont plugs will handle the amp load, are fairly small, only require a crimp connection, and are available in a variety of pin numbers.

JST connectors are another good choice, they'll handle even more amps than a Dupont plug. I think Dupont plugs are rated for a couple of amps.
I cannot imagine making something as small as that little RC truck. But I do like the steering, I like the idea of a nut running along a threaded rod to make a linear servo.

I'm using around 24 ga for the wiring. I had 2 spools of it already. I'm using it for its mechanical strength, and there's plenty of room to route it. I looked at JST and Dupont-type connectors also. I don't want to spend that much time crimping such small wires. The green connectors are a simple screw-in after the wiring is stripped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blender View Post
The USB C connector is neat.
Thanks. I looked at a bunch of options until I stumbled across that idea and I was smitten with it.

Last edited by Fury Fan; 11-14-2023 at 07:57 PM.