View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4 Hour Bruder Dozer

Thanks for the links guys. I received some parts today in the mail. Somewhere along the way my "do not safe drop" package got ran over by the looks of it! Some stuff inside was crushed to but by the looks of things none of the actual parts were damaged just their packaging.

I am already regretting the choice to use servos for the drives. I ordered some 360 tower pro servos and one glitched and fried within 30 seconds of plugging it into the receiver! This on the bench long before it had even seen the model....Not happy! Anyway I ended up ripping the guts out of both and turning them into gear motors. This defeats the purpose as to why I chose to run them in the first place so I am kinda pissed. Now they are in there and wired up to a Sabertooth ESC so at least that part works. Now I can push into a pile of dirt and strip the gears.lol I did a pretty hill billy job of installing them because I don't think they will last long. That link to those gear motors will come in handy yet, trust me!

I picked up some actuators from Ian at Firgelli on Sunday for the blade movement. I haven't made much progress but I have done a bit toward the C frame and actuator mounts.

Here's a picture of my jig when I did the Volvo's tracks. It's nothing special that's for sure...

Last edited by RCP57; 11-04-2014 at 09:07 PM.