View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Barge Unloading Facility Build

The switch thing drove me nuts, so I decided to skip ahead to testing the winch on the dock using alligator clips.

Well, now I have another issue.

I made the little aluminum bracket on the servo motor to guide the line as it rolls onto and off of the drum. You can see in the pic that the line wants to angle toward one side of the drum or the other. It moves outboard when the drum turns one way, and moves back in when the rotation is reversed.

You can see that the guide slots in the bracket don't help much for keeping the lines untangled.

It moves the barges fine, until it wraps up on itself.. Then it starts dragging stuff all over the place!

I'm hoping for a bit of brilliance from the audience like we had with the conveyor drum crown and tracking issue.

I won't be offended if you tell me I did it wrong.

Oh, and about the switches, I went out a SECOND time thinking I was getting a solution to the switch issue Nd got home and realized the spdt button switches where snap switches, and still don't completely solve the problem for me.

I'm going to give up on push buttons and use one dpdt slide switch and a single button switch to energize the system.

Jim

Last edited by Rvjimd; 06-26-2013 at 05:28 PM.