View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 04:54 PM
Craftsman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Bruder Delta loader conversion

Ok I built a little dump truck but have no way to load it.... so it's time to do the obligatory Bruder Delta loader conversion..
It looks like it's been 10 plus years since the first one of these was documented on here so clearly I'm not breaking any new ground, I want to thank everybody that has done one of these for a well defined road map of how to get this thing done.
Being a newbie it's kind of daunting to but a new $30 plastic toy and as soon as you get it start tearing it apart, my main fear was cutting away something I shouldn't and turning my new toy into spare parts.... but again this build has a really well documented history...
Ok I got carried away and started tearing this thing apart before I took any pictures, so to anybody new here thinking about it just take you time and look at the little clips around the bottom and pull/tug/pry gently until you get it apart...once it's apart you end up with this...sort of

most of this is going to get gutted cause there ain't much room in this thing...
the first step for me was to get the Tamiya gear box in it.
This is the first problem...the loader is only 52mm or so wide and the gear box is 54.

and the gear box

So I took the gear box to the old sander and made it 51 and change

Now the sides look like this.

So we started with this

And ended up with this

And it fits nice and snug...

and that was the easy part lol...