Thread: dodge L 1000
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: dodge L 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler07 View Post
thought I would post a few sketches of what im thinking
1st one is of the rear bumper and the mudflap stand off

this one is the first idea for the dump lift

and here is the revised simplified version. I will clean this up and redraw it tomorrow.
Your revised version looks good just make sure that the hinge point of the trailer and bed, the mount point of the push rod to the bed, and the mount on the screw drive form a triangle. You want the triangle to be as open as possible. So if you made the bed and frame hinge point the same height as the point where the push rod mounts to the bed it should work good. If it still seams to not want to lift easily you can make a bigger block for the mount that runs on the screw drive and mount the rod so it hangs below the threaded rod to open the triangle even more. My pic below has the push point and the hinge point on opposite ends as yous but I hope you get the idea of what I am trying to say.

I hope this helps.
Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11