View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Talking Tracy Reiks 1978 A Model KW. "GETTING THERE"

Well for those of you that like to play spot the project in my pictures here is one that I have been slowly working on the last 2 years and now it has my full attention. Good friend of mines 78 A Model going to try to copy it as much as I can I always have to change some minor things but that is it..

Here is a pick of the truck I am copying..

Not going to bore everyone with a step by step of how to do a frame so here it is..

Ok rolling chassis.

Parts List:

Russ's 4 bag air ride
Russ's Cross Members
Russ's Hanger Bearing Cross Member
My Custom Rear Bumpers By Russ
Russ's Tank Hangers
Custom Profile Fuel Tanks By Russ
Steves Sweet Rims and Air Clears and Texas Blank
Travis's KWhopper Gril
Jon's Big 8's..

The rest I am making my self..So here is a good starting point. Got my .80 plastic on the roof so I can round the roofs more.

Air Ride.

Cross members

Rear Bumper and Taper

Steve's wheels and Texas Blank

Ok roofs rounded and stacks mounted. Notice how the stacks sit up to the sleeper like they should and not over hang the door.

This is why I make this plate that bolts to the stock mount holes and pushes the stack back to where it should be. This has also been done on the snow truck and the black and red Pete.

Ok many have ask about my 5th wheel plates and the little bar sticking out the side well this is how I do it instead of the set up tamiya uses that is not scale looking by any means

Now here is something I would change normally is the tread plate I would go polished stainless but went with the PMD plate and rolled the edge of it to match the frame.

Then tranny mounted and I made my custom drive shafts like I do..

If you Notice in the picks I have used the new scale bolts from RC4WD every where you can see a screw I wish I could put these on all my finished trucks but that would mean alot of repainting but they are great looking..

Ok poser shots as I am waiting on a few parts plus I am building some and I have some still to mount that will take some body work so check back..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.