View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 08:48 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: What construction "Kit" to get.

Yes, I have had issues with pmd and yes, I have had issues with wedico too... all of which have been poorly resolved in the past, which is why I don't deal with them anymore, nor do I ignore unsuspecting newbies seeking information of the rc construction model hobby to get unknowningly tangled in their web too.

It's "your money, spend it where you want to", but atleast they'll know going in what to might expect if they choose that path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
(first issue loader had some tweaks that were resolved in the 3rd batch and buyers had to ask for the upgrade parts if they were having issues - really no different than auto repair bullitiens - you never know about them until you have issues.)
3rd batch?! wedico sold 499 Caterpillar 966G loaders before they Finally fixed their flawed hinged point in the steering with #500.. it wasn't just an oversight in a couple of batches of production, they sold that flawed loader for over 6 or 7yrs.. anybody who didn't read forums was never informed of that one particular problem by pmd, nor wdc!

1st the hinge goes out, then the steering cyls & driveshafts quickly followed! Sell more parts $$$$ I guess.. +$5000 should be good for something more than ground rubber and 10 hrs run time between repairs.. I think

I knew before hand and fabbed my own brass bushed hinge during assembly. Mine was #327 in March of 2005.. what year was it when the upgrade came out? 07? 08?

What production number loader is your's Izzy? .. if you want to talk specifics..

And there's wdc's long list of problems with the 740 adt & 345 track hoe (I scrapped my 740 with barely 20hrs run time on it in 2yrs.. after the 2nd or 3rd charge from new, I couldn't get it to run for entire charge of 3.6amp after that without something failing.. belt in trans, dive axles, crown & pinion, dump cyl, driveshafts, ect)... how long before those models are properly engineered with "upgrade parts" -> at an additional cost to the customer?! (unlike the auto recalls; the manufacturer supplies the parts & leave it to the dealers to either absorb the cost to install or past it on to their customers)

With the exception of my Vario JD850, all other models I have (Stahl, Tamiya, scratchbuilt) are digging in "loose or cultivated" soil & it's only the wdc crap I was wrenching on inside of 10hrs run time of new!

It's not a "rock crusher", it's a dirt lump crusher and it's built from 1/8" plate & 3/4" steel bar b/c it's readily available to me & easy for me to work with.. and besides, the hard dirt lumps can't be scaled to 1/14th density.

B/c of my notoriety of my basement excavation, it's put me in touch with ppl all over the world, but primarily ppl within north amercia looking to get started in the construction equipment hobby. And I've heard lots about pmd's service or rather, the lack of it!

You guys like his trk parts.. fine! But he don't know shyt about the rc construction world & if you have trouble, he can't help you.. other than you sending back your model & pmd having one their tech's build - rebuild your model for more $$$$..

One such instance lately with one of pmd's customers stuck on a problem with the Cat 345 track hoe.. why didn't pmd refer "our" forum as a means to seek information to help the individual build his model?! I think the reason why is quite obvious...

Izzy, I think you're an intelligent, highly skilled builder/scratchbuilder, you have given oodles of your free time over the last 5yrs to help others grow with knowledge & new techniques. And lately, now you're offering builders kits of one of a kind trls at very reasonable prices. You are a fine fellow & your integrity can not be questioned by anyone!

.. but I have been around a lot longer than you, I've bought a lot of different kits & parts from various manufacturers & individuals, I've seen a lot more go on behind the scenes.. and I haven't done anything to anyone to put my own credibility into question either.. I'm not here to sell anything. My only purpose is to share information of my own experiences over the last 15yrs freely with anyone who wishes to learn from it.

Joe