Thread: RCP Compound
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 10:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

Nice box of goodies RW. I have a few of those somewhere but not that many. My bikes usually ended up with 2 stroke drool coming out of the silencer because I never revved them enough. The new bike won't be any different probably.lol You can use me as an excuse to get back in it if you like. It wouldn't be the first time I've been threatened by a friends wife when they bought a new bike because I did. I have always just enjoyed riding and pushing myself within my comfort zone. I've broken and dislocated some body parts over the years and I didn't like it back then so I really wouldn't like it now. I know it's a risk involved with the sport but I do my best to stay safe. I'd like to think I ride about the same speed as before(never was fast) but if I don't feel comfortable now I just back off because I'm not trying to get faster. The major difference for me is that I used to be able to ride for hours and now I can only ride for a few minutes.lol In my mind I'm still 15(ask my wife. she calls me Peter Pan) but my body is 40. I played hooky from work this afternoon and groomed the track for a couple of hours instead of riding. I figure if the track is well groomed it is more fun and also safer. It also has the added bonus of making you feel like a superstar because the setup looks professional. It's starting to look more like how it should now but it will take a while. The last major grooming it had was in 2010 and then it didn't see a bike from Nov 2011 until early last year. It was starting to disappear under 4' tall alder trees so I had to clear it off before I could even ride on it in 2014.

It doesn't look anywhere near that bad now so if I put in a day or two worth of time in it should be lookin good again!