View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 03:57 AM
Wannabe

kingbob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Movie Optimus Prime build

All the lights work, indicators, brake/reverse etc are radio controlled. And the trailer hookup is functional, so the trailer rear lights and running lights work the same as the truck.

Theres about 15,000 things i'm not happy with, and of course i see every little flaw and defect in it! I'm still thinking of making a new body for the truck, and possibly the rear fenders too. They have a few scratches and nicks, and one has a puttied seam thats got a small crack which i dont like.

The trailer was the first time i've basically done any metalwork since 8th grade (i'm closer to 40 than 30), and is far from perfect. Its one of those things that may look good on the outside, but inside its a mess! LOL
I've seriously considered rebuilding it more than once. Unfortunately i dont really have a work shed or much in the way of proper tools, so its pretty amateurish.

But, as far as i can tell, going over my reference photos, its pretty much done. Theres a couple of tiny little details that 99% of people would never even notice that I might still do.

But i think, that its pretty much FINISHED at long last!

I'll see about getting some pics tonight with all the lights on. Theres something like 150-160 LEDs on it so it shines bright!