View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

I believe they are cast, yes steel 9w. Late last night I finished up milling all the centers out. As not knowing what I'm doing I found out that a deeper cut and faster feed using a carbide end mill dry was cutting better. Air and a little cutting oil worked best and really made the job go faster. Glad to get that done, hopefully done with steel for a while. I always end up doing a bit of self surgery digging metal slivers from my hands when working with steel.

And again I'm starting another project without finishing another, Great Dane style . I am going to try and make a folding gooseneck trailer. I'm planning on using full size wheels (have an excess of em) and I figure the little bit of extra height will be better suited than a true lowboy for clearances on my dirt roads. Top off deck will be top of tires. And I may make this with the actuators I have. Plan on making it a complete separate tx/rx so I can stay in my lounge chair while loading .
Similar to this one but probably three axles,

And not wanting to purchase much I made some duel wheels